compensation: Based on experience, plus benefits! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are hiring a traveling Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA). This is a full-time position supporting our dental offices located in Media, Grant, Wyncote, Allentown and Springfield, PA. The candidate we select must have reliable transportation to travel between all of our dental offices; x-ray license/certification and Expanded Functions Dental Assistant certification for the state of PA is required; and a minimum of 1-2 years of hands on Dental Assistant experience. This position offers a competitive salary, travel reimbursement, and benefits!
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
• Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) certification in the state in which you are applying, required
• X-ray certification/license in the state for which you apply, required
• Minimum of 1 - 2 years' experience working as a Dental Assistant, required
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
• Dental services
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• 6 paid holidays off
• 401k to name a few
Dental Solutions and Gentle Dental are highly successful affiliated practices of Dental Care Alliance (DCA).
As one of the country's largest and oldest dental support organizations, DCA supports more than 265 affiliated practices in 13 states, encompassing all facets of general dentistry and all recognized dental specialties. As a result, DCA offers dental professionals groundbreaking career and affiliation opportunities.
Established in 1991 by Dr. Steven R. Matzkin, Dental Care Alliance's success is the result of our unwavering commitment to improving the wellbeing of patients, dentists, and dental professionals through innovative and proven practice-support solutions. Through years of combined industry expertise, economies of scale and centralized administration, DCA provides affiliated practices with substantial savings in supplies, increased services and effective marketing.
*** TO APPLY ***
We ask all candidates to apply directly on our company website at: DCAcareers.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers