ALLENTOWN PARKING AUTHORITY
QR Code Link to This Post
FULL TIME PARKING CONTROL OFFICER
Parking Control Officer performs a variety of duties to enforce various parking ordinances.
Parking Control Officer reports directly to the Manager/Supervisor of Enforcement.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Under supervision, patrols regularly assigned areas and responds to complaints.
Checks unmetered, limited time and restricted parking zones for parking violations.
Issues parking violation notices for vehicles illegally parked.
Escorts City street cleaner during Street Cleaning season.
Performs other duties as assigned and/or as conditions warrant,
Observes rules and practices on quality of work, personal conduct, and safe effective and courteous service to the public and community.
Hours of work -- Day Shift vary 8am-4:30pm, 7:30am-4:00pm and rotating 11am-7:30pm. Night Shift M-F 12:30PM to 9:00PM. T-Sat Shift with Saturday AM or PM shift.
• Employee must be able to work under limited supervision
• Employee must be able to observe established rules and regulations
• Employee must be able to present himself/herself to the public in a professional and courteous manner
• Employee must be responsible
• Employee must be self-disciplined
• Employee must be self-motivated
• Employee must be able to organize and complete assigned tasks
• Employee must have a valid PA driver's license
• Employee must have a high school diploma or GED
• Employee must be able to ride a bicycle and pass a bicycle certification course
• Employee must be able to walk 4 to 8 miles a day, bend and stoop multiple times a day, lift up to 35 pounds, and be outside in all weather elements
PAY RATE: $15.00 PER HOUR HOUR ($0.50 increase upon completion of 90 day probationary period)
To apply online or download an application please visit our website at: https://allentownparking.com/employment